Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
gilprem
My Device: BLackberry Torch 9800

test wifi

Hello,  

Could make this tries to help me to understand.

When I connect in WIFI and in WIFI only (connection GSM 2G and 3G cut), it is impossible to me to visit the page of orange.fr as well as that of Blacberry. 
On the other hand without changing anything I show all other wanted pages with no problem at all with a display different from my PC for example to sfr.fr, to yahoo.fr infotrafic etc... 
Is it the same thing for you, which explanation?? 
Thanks to the advance for the answers to this small test. 
Cordially 
Gilprem 

Sorry for my English!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: test wifi

do you have a BlackBerry logo next to wifi to show you are connected to BIS network?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilprem

Good evening,
There is indeed a logo of the WIFI, and the WiFi works.
I show with no problem at all many sites internet (yahoo, google, etc.) but it is impossible to me to show the site of Blackberry and that of my opérateur Orange.fr
Strange!

Gilprem

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

knottyrope is asking if there's a white BlackBerry logo at the top right of your screen.  If there isn't one, you don't have a BlackBerry data plan and therefore would not be able to access anything BlackBerry-related.

A data plan and a BlackBerry data plan are two different things.  If you don't see that white logo, ask your carrier to switch you over to a BlackBerry data plan.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilprem

I confirm,  I have at the right top of the screen the WIFI  logo with a maximum signal and near the white blackberry logo

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The reason for this is not a fault. Its because u r trying to access services provided your your network that need to know if u r a customer.

When u access via 3g etc, it sends your number which confirms u can look at the site. If u use wifi, it will not.

Hope this makes sense
If i help solve your problem, Click that button to the right of the screen.

Thank you very much.

Rob
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilprem

I does not really understand, because when I connect with my computer I open the site of my supplier Orange as well as that Blackberry with no problem at all
When my daughter connects with her laptop on my WIFI box , she visits these sites with no problem at all
What is this mystery??
Cordially

Please use plain text.