Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

bouillai
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

text message tone

can anybody tell me how to change the tone for incoming text messages and emails. thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jrnygirl
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: text message tone

you have to go in under "Sounds for selected styles"  - click on Messages and then select the item you want the Notifer selection will come up and that is where you make the changes. You can change the sounds/loudness for each profile and each message.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: text message tone

You can go into Options | Sounds and Ringtones. If you want to edit your currently selected profile you then choose Sounds for Selected Profile. If you want to change the settings for another profile you choose Profile Management amd then choose the profile you want to change.

Either way you can then go into the Messages - Notifiers category and change the "Email" and " Text Messages" Notifier Tone setting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.