Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Outwest0
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

the Torch that drown in the lake

I have a torch that drown after I fell in the lake.

I took the battery out right away nd dried it off for a day. It came back just fine for the the rest of the day.

The following day it was off so when I pulled and installed the batterty it has the startup screen with the stratup time line at the bottom but only moves about 3 MM then reboots over and over. I have done the expected pulled the sim and memory.

They both work fine in my wifes torch.

The local BB repair shop say it haslost the prgram and they can't relaod it ( not authorised)

What do I do now?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: the Torch that drown in the lake

leave it in a bag of rice for a few days with no battery in it

it might still be wet and electronics will short out if you keep trying to use it

if that dont work it will be time to get a replacement

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V