Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
lopaofon
My Device: BlackBerry torch 9800

torch 9800 - backup file corrupt

Hi everybody. My device is BB Torch 9800. Recently I installed the OS 6.0 bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223). After I finished to install the new firmware, the device made a reboot and turned on, but on the display appeared this message: "The backup file is corrupt. If possible, create another backup file and try again, or choose another restore option". In anycase, the device seems to go well, nothing is going wrong; but after each reboot (for example, if I install a new app), when the device turns on, the same message appears.What can I do to fix the backup file? How can I create another backup file? Which other restore option I have? Thank you for your help.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: torch 9800 - backup file corrupt

Delete your BBM app and try to reboot. If your issue is gone, download again BBM.

Thanks.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Smikulec
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: torch 9800 - backup file corrupt

I have the same problem but I do not have a "delete" option when for BBM although I do for other apps.  What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.