Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
b0gdanelu
My Device: Bb torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

torch 9800 keeps rebooting

hey guys, today my blackberry started to reboot itself...after the reboot it works for about an hour..and then it reboots again. i updated the operating system but it still reboots..can you help me to solve this problem, please?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: torch 9800 keeps rebooting

could be dirty battery contacts or a failing battery, a user here had similar issue and new battery fixed it.

he also could not take pictures with flash, it would reboot after that

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b0gdanelu

the battery indicator shows that i have 70% left..can it show wrong?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

regardless of level if a battery is weak and you draw too much curent, voltage will drop and cause it to reboot.

can you take multi pics with flash on with out it rebooting?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b0gdanelu

i also tryed to take a picture with flash and it didn't reboot after i took the picture
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

take a bunch, and if it dont reboot then maybe it is another issue or maybe the battery is faulty.

i have seen the contacts get dirty on the battery, use a pencil eraser to clean them up

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
UrbanFireFly
My Device: Playbook & 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi - Mine's doing the same thing: works for an hour, then reboots, repeat ad nauseum. I'm on my 10th re-boot today. I checked this forum, as I was checking the software updates in Options>Device and low and behold there's an OS6 bundle update. Praying this works.  Will let you all know.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b0gdanelu

I updated mine a week ago and after that it rebooted itself only one time after a few hours..since then I had no problems..I hope it won't start rebooting again..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
UrbanFireFly
My Device: Playbook & 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I have made it worse. I did the software update and now the OS won't load at all. When it tries to re-boot and then restore my data it gets to a certain point (Messages) and then just crashes and re-boots. I just want to wipe it and begin again.  Please help!!!

Please use plain text.
rae-rae
My Device: BlackBerry Smartphone 9800
My Carrier: Telus

My blackberry torch 9800 keeps rebooting. It doesnt fully turn on. The red light flashes for a few seconds then turns off. help!

Please use plain text.