Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
lopaofon
My Device: BlackBerry torch 9800
My Carrier: H3G ita

torch 9800 neverending rebooting

While I was downloading "Slide It! Lock Slider for Blackberry" from Appworld, my BlackBerry Torch 9800 unexpectedly turned off. Then, the little red light turned on for a few seconds; right after the white bar started to go, but before it completed the reboot, the device turned off again. Now it is always the same (red light, white bar not completed, device turned off): the device is in a neverending rebooting cycle and doesn't turn on anymore. I tried everything, but nothing: my Blackberry Torch 9800 doesn't work anymore, is dead and is not detected by DSM. Do you know what can I do? Thank you in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: torch 9800 neverending rebooting

You'll need to get it recognized by BlackBerry Desktop Software to reload your OS. Have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let us know if that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lopaofon

I've already tried KB10144  and also KB 20371, but nothing, my device is not detected by BlackBerry Desktop Software. So I can't reload the OS. My version of BlackBerry Desktop Software is 7.1.xxx. Maybe, is this the problem? Any other suggestion? Thank you so much for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lopaofon

I'd like to complete my previous post.

My version of Blackberry Desktop Software on PC is 7.1.0.41; and the device's OS is 6.0.695.

I read that KB10144 talks about Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0. Maybe the detection problems depends on my version of BlackBerry Desktop Software???

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

lopaofon wrote:

I read that KB10144 talks about Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0. Maybe the detection problems depends on my version of BlackBerry Desktop Software???

Hello lopaofon

Those instruction given for desktop software 6.0 to 7.0 do works with Desktop Software 7.1 also . 

If you're having problem or if the method mentioned within KB10144 is not allowing you to load the OS then you can try this KB as a next step :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lopaofon

Thank you, prince 2012,

I followed your suggestion and I tried KB27956, but, unfortunately, it doesn't work with my torch 9800.

I removed the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. I opened the link. Then I clicked "Check for Updates". I waited for the "Device Connection" dialog box to appear with no result for pin. Then I connected the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer with the battery removed. But, at this point, the PIN field remained with no result (neither populated with the BlackBerry smartphones PIN number nor PIN-Unknown was displayed).

So I can't go on; the process doesn't move forward.

I tried several times, changing the USB Port; but nothing!

Have you any other suiggestion?

Thank you again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

First be sure that the battery you're using is charged enough then please try those as a final resort :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Please note #step 4 is the most crucial , you have to have patience and try it again and again unless it show PIN UNKNOWN , as soon as it shows Click next to proceed.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lopaofon

Before tryng, I have some questions:

when do I have to connect the Torch at the PC?

Before or after point 3)?

And what about the battery?

Do I have to connect the Torch with or without the battery?

And (last question): you tell me to try this "as a final resort": does this mean that, if it doesn't work, I have to throw the torch away????

Thank you...in any case. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello lopaofon

Sorry for the confusion !

You have to connect your device via USB cable after step #1 , with battery .

Or without  battery , connect your BlackBerry via USB cable and as soon as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN  on step 4 hit Next after this point you can reinsert the Battery .

lopaofon wrote:

And (last question): you tell me to try this "as a final resort": does this mean that, if it doesn't work, I have to throw the torch away????

Nah .. I don't mean it .If above method fails then  you can always visit your service provider or a repair shop who can fix it . 

Please use plain text.