Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dalenmissy09
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

torch 9810 LED light

I have a torch 9810 and for some reason the LED message light will not go off. It stays on steady just a solid blue and is annoying and also drains my battery. I have tried taking out the battery and resetting it. Also deleted the LED app i was using. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: torch 9810 LED light

What other apps do you have installed?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dalenmissy09

slacker radio, peggle, hockey scores, angry pigs, tetris, yellow pages, weather network, poynt, google maps, blackberry news, and dictation. o and wikitude. i think thats it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's definitely one of those apps.  Either that or the LED app didn't get deleted completely. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dalenmissy09

I deleted all those apps except slacker radio. I also reinstalled the LED app and then deleted it again. nothing changed. the funny thing is that the light will stay on even when the phone is totally off. The only way to make it go out is to take the battery out.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Has the device gotten wet?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dalenmissy09

not that i can think of.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I would start deleting 3rd party apps until you find the culprit. If that doesn't work I would then make a backup using desktop manager and then wipe your data by doing a security wipe. Go into Options, type "security wipe" in the search bar. Delete "email, contacts, etc". See if the problem persists.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
michaelvincent
My Device: torch 9810

I now have this issue. start friday 10/26/12. i decide to update software. didnt fix it. i havent added very many apps. none that use led. battery boost, memory booster, drivesafe.ly, lifenpocket. all have been added when is got this device. now im searching for a solution that doesnt required me purchase a new device or lose all kind deal. if i must i must, but theres gotta be a better way.plz help. fyi update required 22 + hours to complete...smh...

Please use plain text.