Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pldimitrov
My Device: torch

torch 9860 display problem

Hey there

I have a question.

I am from Eastern Europe and there is no RIM office or store or whatever in my country, only a distributor. I need customer support but I am not satisfied with the distributor in my country. I tried e-mailing help@rim.com but my letter was not delivered. Does someone know who should I turn to? I know I can ask here, but I need it to be official so that I can show the reply to the distributor.

Thank you. 

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: torch 9860 display problem

[ Edited ]

The distributor from whom you got the phone would be the one to whom you'd talk.  If you're not happy with them, feel free to ask your question here.  You could then print off our reply to show to the distributor.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
pldimitrov

Yes, that would totally convince them.

There is no way I can't contact customer support in the company!

Anyway...

In October 2011 I purchased a BlackBerry 9860 Torch. I used it for a couple of days when a spot appeared on the display. The spot got bigger with time. I sent it back to the store I bought it from but their answer was that it was a factory defect and the quality of the display of the specific model was not good.

So my question is - is that true, is it really a common fabric defects for the display of that model and can it be fixed?

Elite II
BillJ

There's nothing wrong with the quality of the display of the 9860; it's as good as any other BlackBerry phone.  You obviously got a "lemon" and it needs to be taken care of. 

First of all, let's see what we can do on your end.  Start with a battery pull, which should always be the first troubleshooting step you take when something goes wrong.  With your phone powered on, remove your battery then replace it.  If that does nothing, you should take the phone back to the distributor for warranty replacement.  RIM's carriers and distributors take care of the warranty work for them, so take it back to the distributor from whom you got it.  They will be the only ones who can help you with that.

Please post back if you require more assistance.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
pldimitrov

Yes, I do actually...

As I said - I already sent the phone back to the distributor and they refused to do anything.

So obviously I need to talk to someone else. The only one who comes to my mind is someone from RIM customer support. Which brings me back to my first post. Except if you can suggest something else...

Elite II
BillJ

The next step is to call the distributor back and demand (not ask, but DEMAND) that your issue be escalated to RIM for resolution. That's what a carrier or distributor is to do when they can't resolve your issue. And by the way, there is NOTHING wrong with the display of your phone model, you just had bad luck with your phone.

Please keep us up to date on your situation. :smileyhappy: