Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kittycatsmum
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: virgin

torch 9860 intermittent reboot problem help please

My torch 9860 is rebooting itself intermittently, there is no pattern to when or how it does it, I can be surfing the web or playing a video, anything, its driving me crazy, it does work fine once it reboots, well until it decides to do it again, i have tried upgrading to the latest bios and it makes no difference, is this a known issue, how do i resolve this, any advice welcome, phone is unlocked and im with virgin

Please use plain text.
BBdevicesupport
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Re: torch 9860 intermittent reboot problem help please

have you tried a master reset?? 2 reason to look at for almost all problems. either it's the software issue which will be resolved by doing a master reset. if master reset will not work, actual parts of the handset needs to be replaced or repair. try to re flash your software as well
I am working for a telco account and my department is with Blackberry Device Support team. Likes are very much appreciated. I do not work for my carrier, I work for a different carrier in a different country
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kittycatsmum

How do you do a master reset ?

Please use plain text.
BBdevicesupport
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Globe

2 ways for a reset. one on the handset or using a computer. if you have a computer available i would highly suggest that option so you can create a full back up for your files since a master reset will restore the handset to it's factory settings. For computer you need to download Blackberry Desktop Software first here on their website. After the download is finish, connect the phone to your computer and select get started. It will give you options first if you want an update to be automatic when handset is connected. after those options, on the desktop software it should give you the picture of your phone. click the "back up now" button. it will ask you what files you want to be backed up. select all device data and settings. after the back up, make sure you will have a window saying that the back up was succesful,  you are back on the blackberry desktop main menu, select the ? on the upper right corner, select support resources, then support tools and lastly reset to factory settings. BTW this is for a computer that uses windows as OS. once reset is done, restore your data. Select device on the upper left corner beside tools, select restore. make sure to highlight the file that you just backed up. make sure all device data and settings is selected to be restored and click restore again. then try to use the phone and check if it will happen again. if it does, contact your provider for a repair or replacement. If you will be using the handset for the reset, you can download BB protect to back up your contacts, calenders and text messages. Once back up is complete go to options, security and look for security wipe. Put a tick on all boxes and type the word blackberry then click wipe.

I am working for a telco account and my department is with Blackberry Device Support team. Likes are very much appreciated. I do not work for my carrier, I work for a different carrier in a different country
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kittycatsmum

thank you i will try this, dont know what to do if it doesnt work as was my husbands phone and i have my sim in it, but sadly he is no longer with us so i cant go to my provider as i didnt get it from them and there doesnt appear to be any other way of checking warranty with blackberry, but lets hope it works, thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kittycatsmum

well didnt resolve the problem, gonna try downgrading as it only started to happen after last update, but dont hold up much hope, so wish my hubby had got an apple phone at least is easy to get warranty support from them, well if it dont work its one expensive phone in the bin and dont ever buy another blackberry,

Please use plain text.