Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SpikeWave
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

torch calendar invite

Would really appreciate a suggestion to fix this.

I have a blackberry torch with google sync.  From my computer in the google calendar section, I can include invite attendees when I set up a new appointment.  From the torch however, I either lost or never had an option "invite attendees".  Does anyone know how to introduce or re-introduce this option?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: torch calendar invite

hi and welcome to the forum.

im using Gmail sync and on the torch is has a box for attendees which is greyed out but it still lets me add contacts or emails to it.

are you saying yours does not have this option box on your torch callender.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SpikeWave
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: torch calendar invite

Thank you for your prompt response to my query.  Ironically, after posting my question, I tinkered with it further and solved one issue while discovering another.  I realized that if I go to calender, options, click on the gmail account, I get an option to turn on or off the wireless synch.  I turned it back on and then resolved the problem; i.e., the invite attendees option re-appeared.

The problem now is that as the day went on, it looks like a lot of my calendar entries have multiplied like crazy.  I surmise this is due to havingboth google synch and blackberry's wireless synch turned on.  I had to shut off the "wireless synch" yet again to avoid this problem.

In fact, when I switched one month ago from blackberry curve to the blackberry torch, my calendar entries multiplied thousands of times and I had to use an outside vendor's software to merge them.  I recall now that I probably shut off the wireless synch at that time (and forgot how to get it back), in order to avoid the calendar entry duplication.

Not sure how to proceed as I may simply have to give up on having the "invite attendess" option or wait to get to a PC and enter such calendar events there.  If you or others have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.