Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
fad-rock
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

torch issues

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: I have blackberry maps again but it won't locate me even though google maps does. I know my GPS works but not on blackberry maps. Please help. Thank you very much for your time.

Hello

I am having problems with blackberry maps on my blackberry torch I bought from telus yesterday

It wouldn't locate me so I deleted it to reinstall but now it won't let me install it when I download the installer.

I know my gps is working because google maps can find me.

Please help

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: torch issues

Hiya!

How did you try and reinstall? I assume the device.

If so try and reinstall via the Apploader in the Desktop manager, see if that gets it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fad-rock

It worked! I have maps again but it won't give me the option of locating where I am. Do you know how I can fix that?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fad-rock

Thanks by the way!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

That I dont know, I personally dont use the feature. Sorry my friend!

Hopefully someone else bumps the thread tho!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fad-rock

alright, thanks anyways!

Please use plain text.
mtounsi
My Device: 9800

Please cant you tell us how did you manage to have the maps icon.

As for me GPS didn't worked properly, in my device options I couldn't refresh my location even if GPS is active, I don't know why?

Is there any prequisite to do before using GPS?

Thanks for your great full answer.

Moez 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fad-rock

the gps already worked for my phone, it was just blackberry maps wasn't working.

If you don't have the blackberry maps icon, and your phone is canadian (because I know with AT&T you don't get the blackberry maps icon unless you somehow install it, just search on google 'how to install blackberry maps onto at&t torch' and stuff should show up) then all you need to do is use the usb wire to attach your phone to your computer and install blackberry device manager. Then go to 'applications' and scroll down to 'blackberry maps' and add the check mark to it and continue, it should install it. I wonder if it does it for an american phone, probably not. 

I figured out that blackberry maps sucks unless you have amazing signal. 

Use google maps. I used it yesterday and today, the new version out is so good it is an arrow that tracks your movement and it is really responsive. 

With prerequisites to do, this is my first blackberry so I am not too sure, but I know if you go to:

OPTIONS -> device-> location settings

you should have 'GPS DATA SOURCE: DEVICE GPS'  

and       'LOCATION SERVICES: Location ON'

other than that I don't really know too much.

Hope this somehow remotely helps you. Worse comes to worst just get google maps and use that. Not sure if you're from north america and if you get google maps but if you do it's worth your time.

cheers.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try this,download BB maps launcher with your device and you should be OK.
http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
dany_s
Please use plain text.