Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: rogers

transfering group contacts from mac to 9800

Hi all.  Just purchased my torch and of course many changes from my old BB.   I transferred my contacts from my macpro and all contacts came except 2 group contacts with about 15 addresses in each group.  The groups showed up when I went to do the transfer and I checked off the box.  I have tried to do this several times and still no groups.  Has it been stored somewhere else other than contacts or will groups not transfer over.   My 2nd question is, if it cant transfer over, can I make a group email on the contacts I have in my bb.  Thanks for the help.  Im sure I will be back with other issues. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: transfering group contacts from mac to 9800

the groups do not sync with Outlook, I dont have a MAC to test this with but you might have the same issue with a MAC as well.

for only 2 groups, add them again on the device and you should be good.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V