01-10-2012 03:59 PM
I recieved a blackberry tourch 9800 a few months back (8 months ago). Purchased a sim from y service provider and started to use it. My buddy of mine did the same. But my phone lately turn off by itself, reboot itself, and freezer on screens and hangup on me when im on a call by itself. I took it to my service provider and they said they couldnt do anything about it since i had purchased it from else were. The specific store i purchase was closed but went to another wireless wave. They said i would have to contact blackberry directly.
I am really frustrated with my phone and hope to get it fixed. I have pulled out the battery reset it and done everything and it wont work properly.
01-10-2012 04:09 PM
What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.
there are newer OS vesions posibly for yours
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.