Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hurt70
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

uncaught exception

After downloading appworld 4.0.0.63 and OS 6 bundle 3155 (6.0.0.747) I have been getting this message on my screen "uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.AbstractMethod error". I also lost app world icon, that have I have since recovered. But I am having trouble downloading apps. I have tried several. After downloading and rebooting if necessary, when I go to open the app my phone shuts off and reboots itself. I end up deleting the app because I can't open it. Please help me figure this one out. P.S. I sure hope "10" doesn't have problems like this !!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: uncaught exception

Hi hurt70

On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down to App World and Delete it from their .Once done perform a battery pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait for a min. then re - insert it back wait till device takes a long reboot.

Then from BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 and download and install App World version 4.0.0.55 .For further Instructions please go through this Article of Knowledge Base :

KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.