Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jasonedwards
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: vodafone

unlocking my phone from its network provider

i am recently on a blackberry torch9800 locked to vodafone i am wishing to unlock it but cant get past the screen which has your imei num on it as i have read a few sites that you needto get to the screen were it shows were your sim card is has anybody got any ideas how to do this as i have my imei num and mymep id num any help would be greatfull thank you

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: unlocking my phone from its network provider

Why don't you contact your Carrier?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

In order to unlock your BlackBerry, you will need to get an unlock code first. Your carrier may give it to you for free, so check with them first, otherwise there are a number of unlocking services available. A free one I've used is http://www.freemyblackberry.com. Follow the steps provided by your carrier or the unlock service to unlock the phone. Typically though, the easiest way it to simply put a SIM card in from another carrier and you will be prompted to enter an unlock code.

Note: you only get 10 tries to unlock your phone before it is permanently locked to the original carrier, so make sure you enter the code carefully and ensure you have the right code entered.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

[ Edited ]

Hi, So I can try to help you 

Instructions: 

Note: Please disable any user/screen lock password that you have set for the phone.

1. Run the MEP Reader software Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Software installed (but not currently running), as noted above).

2. Click "Read Phone".

3. Turn on your Blackberry and connect the phone to your computer using the original USB cable. Note:  If this is the first time you have connected your Blackberry to your computer you will have to wait for the computer to recognize your phone, which usually takes less than 20 seconds.

4. You will get your IMEI number and MEP ID. Please get your IMEI by typing *#06# into your phone as the Reader, in rare circumstances, may give you an incorrect IMEI. 

Then send me  your IMEI number and MEP ID, I will generate code and send you

Or just got to page which suggest Krypto and follow instruction

Also, if need, I can provide (or publish) calculator of unlock code.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasonedwards
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

hi thanks for your response my imie num is<Personal Information Removed>and mymep id num is mep-<Personal Information Removed>and thanks again i hope this works

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

Hi,

Write to PM

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AnitaBacon
My Device: curve
My Carrier: cricket

When you say type *#06# into the reader can you please tell what is considered the reader? Sorry for such a trivial question but I'm just not sure where to type that at.

Thank you
Anita
A dog has more friends because they wag their tails instead of their tongue!

~Anita
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

Hi,

*#06#  you can type on you device, it will be show only IMEI, nothing else. If you want to see locked you device or not, plese go to Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Sim Card here just type on keyboard mepd or mepd2, if you will see in additional menu some information wehere writed "Enable" or Active" it will be mean that device locked for operator

Please use plain text.