Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

brett1984
My Device: torch 9810

unlocking of my blackberry id for app world?

hi

where do i start, app world hasnt let me in alday? so as we do we try,try and try again!!! in doing this ive reset my password and through trying its locked me out. after being on the phone to a bloke that didnt help very much ive come to the conculsion that blackberry have locked my id and i cant figure out how to unlock it PLS help or my expensive phone will fry through the window

blackberry torch 9810

error message error id 40730

New Contributor
Saint718
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: unlocking of my blackberry id for app world?

hey i had the same problem and watned to address this problem to everyone. Open up your menu and go to options, from there go to third party applications. once there you should see something that says blackberry ID open that and begin updating your info, this part of the application is what restricts everyone from accessing their app world and so forth, I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Visitor
Grocergirl
My Device: Blackberry torch 9860

Hi I have nothing displayed in this option. I'm using the 9860 smartphone which is very frustrating. Can't seem to message blackberry through twitter. Is there another way to contact them or I might just stamp on the phone! Any advice gratefully received!
Visitor
fearnsp
My Device: torch 9810

I am having the same problem. I can log on online but not on my phone. Was able to do it last week as downloaded apps no problem but now I can't. I have nothing displayed in third party applications either. Please help, i'm very frustrated!
Stefania05
My Device: Bold9700

:Clap: Thanks I tried just now and it worked. It was a real tough job  to do..... I think RIM should have advised all the users to confirm all data once the ID blackberry app was released 

Visitor
ami4anyi
My Device: 9800

Hi I have been having problm loging in to app world and in, it will show log in with your user name am confused and tired, I can't make use of the app world on my blackberry. Pls I need a help to log in to my blackberry ID
LoveyPlaya
My Device: blackberry Curve 9300

I can't log in my App world!It says my blackberry I'd is locked!How do I unlock??
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

LoveyPlaya wrote:
I can't log in my App world!It says my blackberry I'd is locked!How do I unlock??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Depending on what caused the lock, your course of action will be different, and hopefully the KB helps guide you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
esmereldakachane
My Device: blackberry 9320

hi i have a blackberry 9320 .i lost my password for application world. is there not a way that i can delete application world and restart again with new password and name.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

esmereldakachane wrote:

hi i have a blackberry 9320 .i lost my password for application world. is there not a way that i can delete application world and restart again with new password and name.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you still know your BB ID UserName, you can reset your password:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question

If you do as you are requesting (abandon your current BB ID completely), you will lose all prior AppWorld records...apps you've downloaded and, most importantly, apps you've purchased. You will also lose all previously taken backups via BB Protect as well as your BBM Contacts. If those indeed don't matter to you, then you can do as you request:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code