Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Xzibit
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

unread message icon

For a week now, my torch has the icon in the upper bar that improperly shows how many unread msgs I have. I have read all my messages and it always shows me one unread.

I realize it's not a serious issue, but could somebody offer advice on how to fix this? Seems like the OS hiccuped somewhere. Batt pull does not help. Otherwise the phone works perfectly.

Thanx.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: unread message icon

Click your Messages icon then press the menu key and select View Folder. If you scroll through each of those folders, you should find the rogue message.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xzibit

yeah, ok, I have gone through the list, and there's nothing there.  What exactly am I looking for?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

You'll be looking for anything that shows up in dark black, meaning it hasn't been read yet.  If you find nothing in any of those folders, check your apps; it could be a message from one of your apps (such as an update or something).

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sehale
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Don't forget to check your Saved Messages - again looking for a bolded header indicating it was not read.  Another way to look for the culprit is to go to Messages>Menu>Search>Drop Down Menu>Advanced and just click Search without entering any search criteria.  Scroll through that list for any bolded items - which might include a missed phone call.  This has happened to me before and I found my unread message there.  Good luck..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xzibit

Yay, I found the message!

Sehale u put me onto something:
Messages>menu>search by>advanced and under the drop-down menu for SHOW, I selected "unopened only".

BINGO, there was the elusive message. I deleted and my icon disappeared. All is good.

Thanx for all the help!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sehale
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Glad I could pay it forward - I read that tip somewhere and it helped me.  Thanks for the feedback!

Please use plain text.