Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

video quality randomly decreased

Hey, so for over a year now I've been able to watch youtube videos on my torch at good quality off the mobile site. But yesterday all the videos I try to watch are bad quality, like blurry and bad audio. I tried doing a hard reset by taking the battery out, I updated the software and everything. But the quality is still bad. It usually does this when I don't have a good connection but I have full bars on my wifi and it has never done this before normally. Is there anyway to fix this or is it just my phone being old?
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: KPN

Re: video quality randomly decreased

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and it started yesterday also. Did the same thing: cleared cash and then a hard restart by means of a battery pull while the phone was on. This was the solution for someone on the forum with a Curve, but it did not work for me. I would like to know if this is a Blackberry or Youtube issue before I start tinkering with my phone.

New Contributor

I don't think its youtube because I went to a different site and downloaded a video it had bad quality too, I have no idea what could be causing this. If anyone knows what's going on, any help would be appreciated
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

can you supply a link of an affected video please

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

It's every video on youtube, all of them are bad quality now but they never were before.
New Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcct2EDk_cQ

For example. I don't know how to post the mobile links since the browser won't let me cut and past it. The video played fine a couple of days ago and now plays in low quality.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: virgin mobile

same with me if u guys go to WIFI diagnostics then if ur vpn status is vpn profile is not found, i think thts wats causing the problem. ive had this problem for a long time and it hasnt fixed yet,,,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On pC it looks good but on my device its blurry

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Somebody found a solution on another post:

Say you want to play this video in HD:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
In my case, if I click it, it'll play in 240p, once again.
BUT, if you remove the "m." before youtube.com, and remove "/#" after .com, it'll load up in better quality.
So the above link would change to:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
That should fix the problem for now, until someone finds a permanent fix.
New Contributor

Thank you! That did the trick for me. Good to see that we can force youtube to serve us with the high quality video like this.

I do hope some how this is fixed, it is quite anoying to do this for every video, but for now it has to do.

Thanks again for the sollution.