Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

gianos09
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: att

video upload problems

I am not a computer genius so that maybe my issue but here goes......

When I upload my pics and videos to my computer, they upload fine, but when I go to watch them there is audio but no picture. What am I doing wrong and can I recover the videos I already have on the computer? p.s. I am using hte cable that also doubles as a charging cable for the wall.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: video upload problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Normally, that is due to not having the right Codec (sorry, tech term!!) installed to your PC allowing full presentation of the video file to you. You need to look at the extension of those files (3pp?) and then search Google for a Codec (should be free) that you can install (to your PC) to allow them to fully render. It should be simple, but be sure to download/install only from a reputable source.

Alternatively, you can seek out (also free) an app for your computer that will convert those files to standard files that the PC/Media Player can render (e.g., AVI, MP4, MOV, etc.). The BB uses a relatively proprietary file format, and it's often simpler to just convert for use on your PC.

QuickTime might have included the proper Codec...I can't really recall for sure, but if you don't have QuickTime, then you should give that a try. If you have QT but just are not using it yet on these files, then give it a try to see if that works.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.