Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

visual voicemail

my new BB Torch 9810 from AT&T came with visual voicemail and it was working fine. But I transferred from my old BB Bold that was with Tmobile (that visual voicemail never worked) it now doesn't work since I used BB desktop to switch devices.  I guess what I think I may need to do is uninstall visual voicemail and reinstall it.  Please help it is frustrating because whenever I get a voice mail I get 2 messages that mean nothing something about a wrong number the other some weird text from ATT.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: visual voicemail

Visual Voicemail is an application from AT&T. I suggest you simply call the hotline and ask them for the complete procedure. They surely know, you're not the only one migrating from a previous BlackBerry smartphone to the 9810 :smileywink:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

I'm having the same problem.

AT&T tech support has been on it for over a week and still no solution.

I just keep getting txt messages from 1121611611 saying,

"122 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. Activate :smileyhappy:t=6"

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

There is a major flaw in the BB Desktop software that causes this. You ported over T-mobile settings that can't seem to be altered or deleted.

1) DO NOT USE BB DESKTOP TO SWITCH DEVICES FROM COMPETING CARRIERS! 

2) Back up your contacts to AT&T address book or go to a store and have them do it for you.

3) Do a complete security wipe including all apps.

4) Start over with a clean O/S. You'll have to load fresh versions of all your apps and themes etc manually but that's the cost of owning a BB. Plus many of the apps have better versions for the 7.0

BTW Blackberry customer support does not care and AT&T tech support took 6 days to figure it out.

@BlackBerryHelp on twitter = COMPLETLY useless!

Next stop, the Apple Store!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

so you mean that right after solving all your issues about migration from BlackBerry to BlackBerry, you wish to start a migration from BlackBerry to Apple? :smileyvery-happy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: