Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
KANGAPOODLE
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: vodafone

want a shorter or no password for blackberry torch

the Blackberry torch requires me to have a password which is long and has letters plus numbers plus signs, all I want it  3 letters, ( or even better no password- Iam not concerned about security)

this long password is a pain, but I cannot reset the password,

regards

kanga

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: want a shorter or no password for blackberry torch

Hi KANGAPOODLE

Is it asking for your BlackBerry ID or the device password , On your other thread you mention that you brought it from some website, Do you know your device password or able to access that device? if you know the password and have assess then please refer to your other post and follow those steps ,

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/cant-access-browser-says-need-administrator/...

Also after performing those steps you can assign a password of your own or as your desire

KB00588 : Password Security For the BlackBerry Smartphone.

KB10766 How to change the password on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KANGAPOODLE

Hi,

thanks very much for the reply, but I still cannot have no password, I can't even have a password such as aaaaaaaaa or similar

I don't need and don't want a password and I should have the option not to have one, I can't even have a simple one as it wants letters, signs and numbers nor can it be a sequence,

I just want no password, I had no password with my old phone, so why does Blackberry not allow this option?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KANGAPOODLE

I am not able to 'enable the  non tick on but that links to the lock - how do I get there to turn that off? there seems to be something controlling what i can do on my phone

regadrs

kanga

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi KANGAPOODLE

Please refer to your other thread , it will be better to continue in one single thread.http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/cant-access-browser-says-need-administrator/...

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.