Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hariprasath
My Device: blackberry torch 9860

when i connect my bb to my laptop using wifi hotspot the service provider charges for it

Hello,

I am from india,i am using my blackbeery torch 9860,i am having dell laptop....

i can able to connect my laptop using wifi hotspot via my bb 9860  and everything works fine.....

my problem is when i am using it the service provider charges for it.....for how much data is used the service provider charges for it(important:my bb was activated with unlimited data plan)

Plz solve this issue for me

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: when i connect my bb to my laptop using wifi hotspot the service provider charges for it

Tethering, which is what it's called when you access the internet on a device while going through another one, is not allowed on many plans.  Even if your carrier is offering you unlimited data, if tethering is not part of that plan then you would be charged extra.  The only way to truly understand what's going on is to call your carrier and ask about this.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.