Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800 torch

wi-fi connection

please help me..i can't connect to my wi-fi here at home..i already tried clicking manage connections..my bb torch detects my wi-fi but can't connect..it says "failure to associate to network.." i will be glad if someoe can help me with this..thanks..in our university, it says "failure to obtain IP address"..thanks again..

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: wi-fi connection

Is this the same issue as

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/blackberry-torch-wi-fi-quot-failure-to-conne...

You're saying it doesn't work at home or at school?

hi..both at home and in school - my blackberry recognizes the wi-fi but can't get connected..at home it says "failure to connect to a network"..in school it says "failure to obtain IP adress"..

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

battery pull first

Someone at the school will have to assist with that connection.  Not sure how they are setup.

For home, reset the router.

what kind of security are you running? (wep, psk, etc)

Can you phone connect to any wifi?  just wondering.  You also may have to change your security type at home to troubleshoot.

yes it did..when i was in a shopping mall i tried connecting it to to different wi-fi spots - it did..but once using my own wi-fi at home and here in school - to no avail..i will try to do exactly what u told me when i get home..i'l get back to you of the result..thanks.