Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
wayno
My Device: Not Specified

wierd "read receipt" email actions.

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a Torch and a couple of weeks ago Something odd happened to my email -I have the "obtain delivery" and" read receipts" options ticked, and whereas previously ( just as in BBM) a small "d" followed by a small"r" would appear on the tick of the email , this is now a separate line.. I.e. I'll get a another line, with the recipients name , a new yellow envelope symbol and the words READ  on the second line.

How do I get the read receipts to re attach themselves to the original email?

TIA

Wayne

Sorry, I am with Vodafone in UK, my BB software is v6.0.0.246,

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: wierd "read receipt" email actions.

Is it happening with all your read receipts? I know that I some email systems handle my requests for Read Receipts differently and they come back as text emails rather than a read receipt.

Contributor
wayno

Jamead,

I only use 1 email account ( gmail)   the message i'm getting back ( as an email ) is:-

to:James

Subject: re

Sent; Friday, February 25, 2011   8:24:04Am (UTC) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London,

was read on Friday, February 25, 2011 8:24:25 AM (UTC) Greenwhich mean time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

I used a curve with 02 before this, and have been with Vodafone ( and the Torch) since October. It's only been happening in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Needless to say Vodafones' support is pretty useless...

Wayno

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Wayno,

It will be up to the receipients email system how they handle read receipt requests.

I.e The company I work in use Lotus Notes and so does a supplier of ours. Read Receipts received from colleagues on our own system appear correctly, but read receipts from the supplier come back as though it is a reply to the email.

If its happening with one particular contact or company then this could be the reason, if its happening with every email you receive from various sources then this wont be the reason.

Contributor
wayno

Jamead

Every email I'm afraid!

wayno

Contributor
wayno

does anyone else have any ideas? is this a carrier issue ( Vodafones' support is hopeless) or a Torch issue?

Wayno