Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kalvoo
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

won't power up red light keeps blinking

My blackberry torch 9810, switched off after having a low battery, i put it to charge, but the red light keeps (blink....blink blink blink) but it won't charge nor power up, i have tried connecting it to my pc the pc won't even detect it and the read light keeps blinking. Idid my research at crackberry.com and saw a software update would solve the issue, but i cannot update it using the desktop software because the pc won't recognize it. I tried removing the battery then connecting it to the pc but still its not recognized what could be wrong.

Contributor
pshute
My Device: Bold

Re: won't power up red light keeps blinking

kalvoo wrote:

My blackberry torch 9810, switched off after having a low battery, i put it to charge, but the red light keeps (blink....blink blink blink) but it won't charge nor power up, i have tried connecting it to my pc the pc won't even detect it and the read light keeps blinking. Idid my research at crackberry.com and saw a software update would solve the issue, but i cannot update it using the desktop software because the pc won't recognize it. I tried removing the battery then connecting it to the pc but still its not recognized what could be wrong.

I don't have that model, but I've seen lots of models of Blackberry that have trouble charging from dead flat. I have often got them going by swapping the flat battery for a charged one, or putting the flat battery into an external charger. Sometimes putting the battery into another blackberry to charge it will work.

If you don't have access to any of those thngs then you might have to take it to a shop that does. If they charge your battery for a few minutes it should be enough to let it boot so you can finish charging it yourself, if you you don't let it go dead flat again.

It could be some other problem though, so I wouldn't rush out and buy a charger till I'd proved it will help.

New Contributor
kalvoo
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

Hey thanx,i used another battery from the same model but the problem still persists, i dont think the issue is with the battery or hardware am suspecting the software.

New Contributor
POKOLKIE
My Device: blackberry 9810

I have tried everything but still don't work at al the red light still go on and nothing happens I'm very unhappy next phone will be Samsung 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
POKOLKIE
My Device: blackberry 9810

Well I have try that but still don't work this blackberry 9810 is not even 2years old not even a year and it has already have problems but why?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

POKOLKIE wrote:

Well I have try that but still don't work this blackberry 9810 is not even 2years old not even a year and it has already have problems but why?

I don't know "why". All I know is that the processes I gave you were intended to help deduce what the problem might be for your situation. But, unfortunately, I cannot tell the complete outcome from your post. While "but still don't work" might apply to the first test (the 4h15m process), it simply cannot be a valid outcome from the second test (trying a different "known good" battery). Rather, that second test would have much more detail about it's result....

Now, that said, if by "still don't work" concerning the second test, you mean that you found a "known good" battery and it did not help your BB at all, then what that does is deduce the problem to the BB itself. And that then would lead to the next recovery attempt steps:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Keep in mind though that these can only help if the problem IS NOT hardware...these might help if the problem is OS or some other software level item...but if there is something wrong with the hardware itself, then there's nothing that can be done at an internet-distance. Only in-hand evaluation by a qualified hardware technician can provide you an actual diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code