Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
ovck
My Device: YOur 9630
My Carrier: Telus

9630 reboot cycling

I had noticed my battery was not lasting very long. Recently it turned off because of low battery, then would not charge but stay in the reboot cycle - red light, hour glass, flash white screen and red light again. I bought a new battery with the same results. I have tried Apploader. It sees the PIN and goes luntil the JVM reconnect sequence.  gets so far, stops. BBSAK won't see it, DM sees it then stops. JL_Cmder doesn't see it at all did get DM Tools to copy files but when it tried to reboot it failed although a file was generated.  However the red light was off during the file copy portion.

I tried holding ALT Caps lock Del and did get a little 'caps on' symbol so I am thinking there must be some hope!

I looked at settings on the USB ports, read hundreds of posts and spent, so far, days of my life!

I have been a huge BB Fan and have a playbook I love but this is getting to be too much!

Any more ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9630 reboot cycling

Did you try connecting without the battery installed? Then once it connects reinstall the battery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ovck
My Device: YOur 9630
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 9630 reboot cycling

Yes I did try without battery and then installing it when connected. Same results.

Please use plain text.