Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
fricafresh

A.I.M. Doesnt Work on my Tour

Howdy, 

I have recently bought a Blackberry Tour on Verizon and I have installed the AIM app which then resulted in the following. 

I am able to see contacts and send them IMs which they are successfully receiving, however when they try to reply they are receiving the message below. 

*** Error while sending IM: This user is currently not logged on  

The recipient confirms that I do appear online at the time of the message above.   

I spoke with my IT Admin and he assured me that there is nothing on his end that would cause this problem. 

I have recently installed the "IM+" app trial version and I am able to successfully send and receive IM’s however I would rather not pay the 40 dollars if at all possible (seems like it would be very possible).    And just in general I am now interested in what the problem could possibly be.  

Please let me know your thoughts on the topic above and if you need any additional information from me to review this topic. 

Thank you very much,

Please use plain text.
grneyedhousecat

Re: A.I.M. Doesnt Work on my Tour

I just got my Tour.  I am having this SAME problem.  It is so annoying.  At first I thought my IMs were not going through but friends have told me they are getting my messages and responding.  I am just not receiving their messages on my blackberry.  I tested it out by signing on to AIM from my computer with a different screen name and experienced the problem from the other side.  AIM on the computer does not show that my mobile is signed on to AIM at all (and phone also doesn't receive messages from my computer). 

However, when my blackberry is connected to AIM and I sign on to AIM from my computer using the same login, I get a message through AIM on my blackberry notifying me that my screenname is signed on in two locations.  So it seems the blackberry is capable of receiving AIM messages.  It is a very annoying problem.  I'd love to see a solution on here.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rashaad17
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a tour 9630 on verizon as well.. I've had it for 10 days.. I am having very similar problems to you guys.. I have downloaded aim to use.. And my messages send off just fine but I am not getting responses. I might get one or two responses in a Convo but that's it.. I even went as far as to signing on my different screename on my iPod via wifi and sending a message to my blackberry.. I get the first one on my bb.. But that's it.. I send a message from my bb and my iPod gets it right away.. Then I try to respond from my iPod to my bb and I get no message.. Someone please help.. This is very annoying!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rashaad17

Oh man.. Look how long ago this was posted.. And still no solution?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fricafresh

All,

For what its worth I have since gotten a new TOUR as the trackball on the last was problematic at best.

With the new phone the problem persists.

My friend who is an "IT Guy" says he believes that its my corporate "IT Guy" essentially blocking AIM somehow on his end. 

We aren’t allowed to use AIM on our computers at work either.

The phone is operated on my companies blackberry servers etc. which I should have included in the original posting. 

So to date it still doesn’t work.

GO!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rashaad17

who do i complain to? is this a RIM thing or a Verizon thing?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fricafresh

do you have a corporate IT Administrator?

If so...them. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rashaad17

I dont know what you are talking about. i have a tour with verizon service. who do i call?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fricafresh

is it a work phone..?

As in do you recieve emails from a corporate email server on it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rashaad17

no it isnt. its my personal phone from my personal account. I've just come to the conclusion its useless to complain. i called RIM who transfered me to verizon THREE TIMES after being disconnected. who then transfers me to AOL who says they cant help me because it is an AIM account and she doesnt have the number for AIM!!??  I've never heard such garbage in my life.. isn't AIM apart of AOL? and i cant find a number for AIM.. so I've given up for now.. im frustrated

Please use plain text.