Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Default calender

Ok so I have figured out how to delete my extra calenders and have them removed. My default calender however is still there which I assume it's supposed to be. I was hoping though to wipe all the entries in the calender and start all over. The main problem I am having at the moment is that all the entries are doubled. For example:

* Bob Smiths Birtdhay

* Bob Smiths Birthday

For holidays it only shows once

* Columbus day

So does that mean the calender is still getting info from 2 sources? How does that work? How do I stop it from happening.

What I am essentially trying to do is setup a calender online for bot my wife and I to sync to so that we both get any updates that are added online or from the phone. We are currently trying to get Google calender to do that. Is there a better calender out there that will provide the same syncing abilities? 

Thanks in advance 

Solutions: 6,121
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Default calender

Google calendar is a good choice.

And yes the default calendar will remain. I don't know where your duplicates are coming from, unless they were duplicated when you merged calendars?

You need to get all of the calendar entries in one place, correct as can be. I do so in Outlook, and then I clear the BlackBerry device calendar completely and sync back.

Do you have outlook, or can you do this on the Gmail web calendar?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the quick response.

We don't use Outlook. I am assuming what happened was since these are the first smartphones we have had we went in and started playing and just added calenders from several sources. We have since decided to start over and just sync everything to Google.

How do I clear the default calender? It's the only one in the list of calenders and yet it still shows events doubled. The new Google calender will be fresh and clean so on the re-sync it should update all just fine. It's just a matter of clearing that default calender I think.

thank you

Billy 

Solutions: 6,121
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

If you are having errors in your Calendar or Address Book on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Calendar (or Address Book) database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries and/or Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.
2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.
3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pane is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.
4. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (or your Calendar database) and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.
5. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database (or Calendar database).
6. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Tour

Is there any way to clear the default calendar without using the desktop manager?

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 Default calendar

Each time I make a diary entry it defaults to the home calendar. I deselected the home calendar from the "manage" option" How can I make the home calendar disappear altogether

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 Default calendar

I found the default setting >accounts

bottom of screen "set defaults"