Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
arin
My Device: Not Specified

BBMessenger Issue on 9630 Tour ...

My friend has a 9630 Tour with AT&T. She is having issue adding contacts on her BBMessenger.

I looked at it and played around with it with no results.

There is 3 of us that have sent her request, and she has sent request to almost all of us using the PIN.

I used email to send her request. On my BBM, it says "Pending (Waiting for Authorization)" under her name.

She says she hasn't recieved any email from me regarding the BBM request.

What to do??

Contributor
krystuhhhllllll
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Re: BBMessenger Issue on 9630 Tour ...

she might not have the data plan

internet and email includes black berry messenger, she might have it on her phone but it will not work without the whole data plan

Blackberrrrryyyyy*s3
Contributor
arin

Yeah, that's right, but I was under impression that the carriers require data plans with a purchase of a blackberry. Maybe it was long time ago and they didn't require it at that time. When I told her, that I had sent her a BBM request via email, she said she got it, but not on her phone. That means she doesn't have data plan or doesn't know how to set it up. I will have to check it with her. Thanks!

Contributor
arin

I asked and she has email/internet on her BB.  :-?

Contributor
krystuhhhllllll
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

She might need to Upgrade her OS, to use her version of the black berry messenger, tell her to go to her carriers store and ask them, and they should be able to atleast givee her a new blackberry or fix the problem :smileyhappy:

Blackberrrrryyyyy*s3
Contributor
arin

I was surprised to find out that she only has internet when there is active wi-fi in the area. I disabled wi-fi and she didn't have internet.

She has interent on her BB when she is at home.

How inconvivinet ! It means in most places she won't have internet access.

That's gotta be it, but how is this possible, don't the carriers require data plan ?

Thank you for your suggestions.

New Contributor
Nate34
My Device: Blackberry 9300

all depends on your plan set up. you dont exactly need data. i didnt but still used bbm.

Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

If she hasnt subscribed to a Blackberry data plan from Atnt, she will be restricted to browsing services on her phone over wifi. She can neither use email nor BBM services. It is not necessary for a person to subscribe to a data plan irrespective of the device being used.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.