Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Touch 9630
My Carrier: verizon

BBY shuts down while on the internet and then battery is drained completely??

I just upgraded to the new software I received via the notification however many days ago that was.  I think it was V.5.  Whenever I am in the browswer, my bby just shuts down and restarts.  When it finally does restart, the battery (which is FULLY charged), is completely drained and it says i have a "low battery"

This is happening more and more frequently and am wondering if there was something with the upgrade?

Please help!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBY shuts down while on the internet and then battery is drained completely??

Hi feinepotte

To make sure you do have the latest version of software available, plug in your BlackBerry to your PC and go to www.blackberry.com/update.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: BBY shuts down while on the internet and then battery is drained completely??

I have the latest version, which I explained in my initial question.  The problem is that since I downloaded the latest version, my phone keeps shutting off.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

What version of BlackBerry handheld software are you using?  You can find out under Options>About.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

v 5.0.0.975 (Bundle 1600, Platform 4.2.0.424)