Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.983 + Playbook 1.0.7.3312
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Bell Canada Tour keeps rebooting

It's not a spontaneous reboot, it happens sometimes if I hit the enter button to send an email, or try to open various programs.  No other junk loaded, except Viigo.  Sometimes it will go days without rebooting and then sometimes it happens 5-7 times a day. Last week, I had three consecutive days of rebooting.  It was even rebooting when I tried to call clients.  It's almost like it doesn't have enough power to run the app so it just dies and reboots.  I've check for signal strength.  I've checked for battery power.  Definitely a software issue.  Any ideas?  This is extremely frustrating as I use/need it for business and I don't need to be sitting around waiting for reboots when client needs an answer ASAP. 

PS: I'd like to thank Bill Gates for starting the corporate culture of pushing products to market before they've been fully put through their paces.  Just throw it out there, let the clients buy it and then we'll fix the stuff as we go.  

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.983 + Playbook 1.0.7.3312
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Bell Canada Tour keeps rebooting

UPDATE:

Rather than throw it out the car window (as I so often wanted to do), I shipped it back to RIM, and they fixed it.  Internal electronics issue.  It was so nice working with the loaner and NOT having it reboot.  I felt like I was in heaven.  Never again will I buy a new issued device.  My past experience has always been: wait a while for the bugs to get worked out.  If I could now only get this twitchy trackball thing fixed.