Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
huando
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry 9630 tour - unable to setup email

Please help.

I am unable to setup my gmail account because I don't see the 'I want to create or add an email address' option button in the email setup screen...

The setup screen only displays 'I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server'

Is there a way to add the 'I want to create or add an email address' to the email setup screen.?

Do I need to flash the os? how do I do that?

Thanks for your help...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry 9630 tour - unable to setup email

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account?

If so, make sure you're using the email setup icon and not the setup wizard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
huando

Sorry, no blackberrry data plan - only TMobile data plan.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You must have a BlackBerry data plan in order to get email on a BlackBerry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
huando

Yes, but i want to setup a gmail account not blackberry account.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Doesn't matter. You must have a BlackBerry data plan to get ANY email on a BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
huando

Oh okay - thank you very much for your help and quick responses to all of my questions. Have a good night.
Please use plain text.