Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

keithm999
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 Browser problem with Tmobile Carrier

I have the same problem and was escalated up to RIM.  I was told that T-mobile currently does not own the service books for the Blackberry Tour and that is why they can't be sent to the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webuser

I followed the procedure in the link below and it worked great on the Tour.  

http://crackberry.com/how-effectively-run-your-unlocked-storm-north-american-gsm-carriers

My OS is 4.7.1.61, I did not have the browser icon nor the email setup icon, but they appeared after I followed the procedure.  Also, I had to manually set the APN settings to wap.voicestream.com (options> TCPIP).

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webuser

I need to correct my prior post because of a link mix-up:  I actually used the below link to fix the Tour.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-sto...

It looks like the same thing, except it uses CrackUtils to manipulate the device's browser_deamon.cod file (instead of manually fishing it out some copy on your PC).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yinkaolufowobi
My Device: Blackberry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Hi there, having gotten to the HRT section of my phone it is all blank and there are no icons to select from. There is also no browser icon on the phone at all. Is there a way i can download brand new settings on my phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yinkaolufowobi
My Device: Blackberry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

I actually am on MTN Nigeria carrier and not Tmobile.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

yinkaolufowobi wrote:
Hi there, having gotten to the HRT section of my phone it is all blank and there are no icons to select from. There is also no browser icon on the phone at all. Is there a way i can download brand new settings on my phone.

Hello,

Please follow the steps in post 2 of this thread. If the HRT will not populate, then you need to talk to your mobile service provider about 1) ensuring that they actually support BBs and 2) that you are on a proper data plan to enable BB-level services.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.