Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
Suitengu
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Tour Non-connectivity

I just recently received a blackberry tour on Wednesday of last week (Sept 9) and from ever since I have not been able to connect to the internet because my xev are all lower case and I was informed that they should be upper case for it to work. I tried contacting my service provider on numerous occasions and they were not able to help me out even though they said everything seemed fine on their end. I even went to a sprint store in my area of Greensboro, NC and I got a new one on Sept 14 and still experienced the same problem. They even made sure to check my plan and they said it was fine for the blackberry. So now I have to turn you guys and plead for you to help me. I have tried hard as well a soft reset. Registering host routing table, provisioning the phone and so on and so forth on numerous occasions but nothing worked. So please, show me a way to go and let me know as soon as you can.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mousky
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Blackberry Tour Non-connectivity

Lower case 1xev means data data services are off. Uppercase 1XEV means data services are on.

Is Data Services set to On?

Manage Connections icon >> Mobile Network Options >> Data Services

or 

Setup >> Options >> Mobile Network >> Data Services

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Suitengu

Yes it is set to on and as I had said I have been to the sprint store and got a new one and I still experienced this same problem even though my data services has been set to on.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Quite honestly, until your device registers upper case, there's nothing we can do...those indicators are between your device and your carriers network...if they can't get the device to function on their network, there's truthfully nothing here we can do to help...I suggest going back to them again and not leaving the store until they get it right.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Suitengu

Ok apparentky I got to speak to someone with some sense at tech support and she finally got me hooked up. Thanks anyways for your help and God bless.
Please use plain text.