Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
rohandavid
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Tour signal shows Sos

HI,

I have a blackberry tour 9630 (without camera). I've owned the device for a little less than a year and was working fine untill last week. I've been looking for an online solution for this problem but so far no results. It appears to have got stuck in a sos mode. I've tried almost all the necessary settings (network or connection manager related) even reinstalled the OS after completely wiping the device.

couple quick facts about the device.

1) Bought it online

2) Its says Verizon on the handset and flashes verizon on startup

3) The device is unlocked ( coz I've used it for almost 10 months)

4) I'm in India and we don't have verizon as a service provider

5) The Sim card works fine in another device ( able to make calls / send & receive sms)

Any way of resolving this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rohan

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Tour signal shows Sos

Hello rohandavid and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing SOS on your BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone.

If you have done the software reload as shown in KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows (or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer) and have performed a security wipe and the SOS is still remaining then it would be advised you contact your mobile provider and try another SIM card.

It is possible your SIM card is faulty and needs replacing. They can test that for you at the store. If a new SIM card doesn't work then you would need to contact your point of sale for repair options.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rohandavid
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Tour signal shows Sos

hmthepirate: Thanks for your valuable inputs, However the sim card seems to work find when used in a different phone (Android etc) Speaking of repair options, I understand that it could be a possible hardware failure.

Blackberry has refused to help me regarding this matter since the device wasn't purchased from them. Secondly, since its a verizon handset and given the fact that we don't have verizon as a service provider here india, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to proceed with the option of repairs through a non authorised technician (Most of them don't even know what they're talking about) One of them even told me that the motherboard has gone bad !!!.

Per my understanding and research, the handset is stuck in something known as a E911 mode, which is impossible coz 911 isn't really the emergency number here in india. I've noticed a crosshair with radio waves coming out of it on the diaplay (right below the signal bars) I've tried diabling the GPS option and manually search for network providers ( which in my case is Vodafone) However, when I select the appropiate network, the operation times out !!!

I'm really hoping if someone could narrow down to the root cause of this problem (Even if it is hardware related)

Thanks & regards

Rohan

Please use plain text.