Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
msall22
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry headphone jack problems

Hello!

I recently purchased a blackberry tour 9630.  I have noticed something peculiar and annoying that occurs when I listen to music (media player) either through headphones, or through the auxilary jack in my car.  I notice when a song starts playing (and I have headphones on or through jack) that it makes a crackling sound at the very beginning of the song(like the sound you hear when you adjust the volume); the volume seems to start out low and then immediately fix itself.  This occurs every few songs or so.  This is also my second tour and I noticed this phenomenon on the other one as well.  If anyone has noticed (or notices) this, please let me know.  If anyone knows how to fix this problem, your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a ton!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
doriat82
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry headphone jack problems

I have the same problem.  It was working when I first got the phone, but now the earphone jack doesn't work even with the headphones that came with the phone.  I took it to sprint to have them fix it and got a big run around.  I have physical damage to my phone and they claim that it "may" have caused the jack problems.  I'm glad to know that someone else is having the same problem.  It must be a bb manufactor error.  I'll look into the matter further and let you know if I find anything.  Please let me know if you find out any information as well. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsgolfer
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry headphone jack problems

I noticed soon after getting my tour that if I don't pay attention when pluging my headset in for music, it doesn't go in all the way and crackling sound occurs.  Once properly plugged in the headset that came with the phone works great; sounds way better then my other $80 Sony headset.  I just wish there was a volume control on the headset to go with the mute for call function.
Please use plain text.