Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry won't fully turn on

I dropped my phone and the battery fell out.  When I went to replace it, the red led blinks.  Then the blackberry logo appears with a loading bar.  However, phone loads to about 3/4 of the bar and then stops at exact same point and will not load any further.  

How do I fix this? Please help!

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Blackberry won't fully turn on

Try this first. Leave the battery out for over five minutes.

Then, connect to the USB cable charger, replace the the battery in the device

If still nothing, please post back here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9630

I have the exact same issue and the process you suggested did not work for me.  Our problems came about in different ways.  All I did was delete Google maps from my phone and do a restart.  The state of my phone is, the blackberry screen with a progress bar 3/4 completed and hung there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I have the same problem but when it started, it was just turning on and off by itself even if I have disabled the automatic on and off. So I updated my software and it was fine for awhile until recently... I was having problems deleting/ending a chat. It will let me delete it but it's still there on the screen. So what I did was took out the battery while it was still on and after counting 15 sec, put back the battery on and it won't turn on anymore... It just gives me the red light then on the screen the Blackberry for a few seconds and turns off again giving me the red light again.

Is this an issue with smartphones, do you guys know? I already called my carrier and had it replaced since it was still under warranty. But the trouble of having without a phone for 3 days (since I opted for "express shipping" so they say) it's really a hassle having this kind of issues. I told all my friends to back up their phones or do a mobile sync since it's really a headache.

I'm still trying to turn it on, but no luck. Do you guys know if there's a master reset that can be done? or any buttons to press in any sequence to get it moving again? Thanks Smiley Happy

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Did anyone figure out how to solve this problem???

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint & Verizon

BO0MBO0Mx3 wrote:

Did anyone figure out how to solve this problem???

Sure - you'll all need to reload your OS. The OP might have other problems due to dropping it though but a reload of the OS might help.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Seems the BB is stuck in her/his process, deed some reruns and still all the sollutions are not making any progress,

JL commander does not see the BB even with the correct PW:

BBDM": see and relocks the system again.

Still try to tricking the process between unlocking (RIM wrighting) and relock,

This BB starts 3/4 still be connecting ????

this happens after a wrong O.S update or a factory restore Smiley Wink

<<<also needs help

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

vleermuiswesman, do you say your BlackBerry boots up fine and works, just that you can not unlock it with a password?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Nope with the BBDM (blackberry desktop manager) I come to the process that it wil wright the rim and than it locks-up again and de loaderbar get stuck again on 3/4 when i unplug it when it finisch wrighting the new firmware, than de bar goes fully but does not go to the main menu. when i try the backup function than it shows appdata error 301