Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
orlandotommy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth Microphone

I handle the I.T. for my corp so im fairly versed in using BlackBerry devices and probably should go to work for RIM one day, but for now ill just gripe about a problem with the Verizon BlackBerry Tour phone...

This is the 6th Tour I have had, i have taken them back, got them from different stores, even got them shipped through our inside sales and ALL of them have the same issue...

The caller says i sound faint and far away... anything that has to do with Bluetooth and the device does not function correctly, for example..

In my car, every Bluetooth phone I have ever paired works beautiful, numerous other BlackBerry devices from Verizon work fine, all my Bluetooth headsets work fine with every phone BUT the Tour...

People cant hear me, when im on Bluetooth with the car people can't hear me etc.. etc...  Im switching back to my old beat up Curve because at least that works correctly.  I really wish Verizon would get there act together, im guessing the folks that have the Tour and say there is no problems with it are people that talk extremely loud or the other folks on the ohter end of the line just dont really need to hear the person that well. 

There is no way i could have this many of the same devices, over a 2 month period and they all have the same problem if it wasnt a widespread problem.

Verizon and RIM, wake up and fix this microphone/Bluetooth issue.  The phone is useless to myself and MANY others.

New Contributor
Noelle

I also bought a Plantronics and it works fine.  I feel lucky I happened to pick a brand that works.
New Contributor
orlandotommy

im talking about the microphone built into the phone... the phone has a bluetooth problem as well, it doesnt work correctly.  
New Contributor
reransom

Go to this link. BlackBerry admits a problem.

I too a copy to my Verizon Store and they sold me a new Storm for for $50.00 and reset my purchase clock back to where I can go by a new phone at any time  with my new every two discount.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19349&sliceId=1&docTy...

I hope this helps some of you out.  

Also on Crackberry there is supposed to be a software release that fixes the issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/car-bluetooth-tour-issue-they-can-t-hear-me-well-267206/index36.ht...

All the best and hope this helps,

Randy 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19349&sliceId=1&docTy...

New Contributor
orlandotommy

very good info!!!  i knew i wasnt crazy, this completely confirms the problems i have had with the tour since day one!  Thanks!

Tommy

Tbrd113

I have the same problem with my Blackberry Tour. Everyone says I sound like Im far away and muffled. I had the Blackberry World Phone before, and it worked fine in my car. I have a factory installed built in Bluetooth "hands free" option in my Charger. The phone is at fault.

Any one know what Blackberry is going to do or if there is a fix available yet? Better I aske here rather than stand in line at a Verizon store.

This support group knows more than the store employees.

Thanks. 

Wolfgang44

Hello

I have the same problem with the Tour, I found out that BB bluetooth software is out dated. There Ver is 1.1 and every device that has been made in the last year is 2.0. I have a BB Storm, Curve, and a Tour and all three have 1.1 ver software. There is a problem with pairing with a device that don't have the same software ver.

And also I just got off the phone with RIM/Blackberry and they are aware of the problem and are working with both problems. 

New Contributor
reransom

It is more than just ver 1.1 and ver 2.0.

I have six different headsets(ver 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0) that all work with the Curve, Storm, Dare, Alias and several other phones. If your hypothesis was correct then they should also work with the Tour.   It is a problem with the Tour.  If it wasn't a problem with the Tour there is no way Verizon would give up all they did to satisfy me. (Please see my previous post.) The Tour is a great phone as long as you don't want to use any type of BlueTooth verbal link.  It will not work as expected.

There is an obvious defect in material and/or workmanship with the Tour as is admitted by BlackBerry in the link I already posted.