Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Visitor
chewbach
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Pairing to Windows 7 64-bit

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I would like to use VZAM via Bluetooth (connected to my Tour). When I go through the Windows Bluetooth pairing process, it does pair. However, it only recognizes the Tour as a generic "phone" device. (Manufacturer, Model, Model Number, and Description all list as "unavailable". Furthermore, no "Bluetooth Services" are listed as options.) Accordingly, VZAM doesn't recognize the Tour as a connection option (via Bluetooth).

Any suggestions on how to get Windows 7 64-bit Bluetooth to recognize my Tour as a Tour (with all the appropriate Bluetooth services), so I can use it via VZAM?

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor
hughmagen
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Bluetooth Pairing to Windows 7 64-bit

I am also having a problem pairing my Tour with Windows 7 64 bit.

I just installed Blackberry Desktop 6 which claims to fix this problem but no luck.(I had the problem when I was running Desktop 5 also).

I have a Toshiba Tecra laptop. The laptop and phone recognize each other and are paired, but when I go to Blackberry Device Manager or BB Desktop, the option to select bluetooth is grayed out.

New Contributor
berryfrustrated
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth Pairing to Windows 7 64-bit

I have Windows 7 (32bit) and Desktop 6.  I have the same problem.  I can get some connection going between the computer and the phone (9700) but when I go to Blackberry Desktop, the bluetooth tab is greyed out.