Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

Bluetooth disabling itself

Ever since upgrading from OS 4.7 to 5.0 I've noticed a problem with Bluetooth. I only have one Bluetooth device (my handsfree unit in the car) and several times a week it won't pair with my phone because Bluetooth has been disabled on the phone (and I didn't disable it).

I have changed nothing...the handsfree unit is configured as a trusted device, and most of the time it works fine, but just those few times a week I get "phone not found". Oddly, when this happens I have to do more than just click on connections and check the box for Bluetooth that has been disabled. I have to check the box to enable Bluetooth several times before it sticks. I don't have to pair it again, but still it's a PITA as it used to work just fine.

There is no pattern to this problem...sometimes it's fine in the morning when I get in the car and sometimes it self-disables just leaving the car for five minutes and returning.  I'm seeing several other complaints of the same thing with the Tour after upgrading to the Verizon official OS 5.0 so it must be related.  

Visitor
miller1412
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Bluetooth disabling itself

The same thing is happening to me.  There is no rhyme or reason to why it disables each night.

prgates

Similar problem -- also the calls I make come on the radio speaker well after the connection and I cannot "end" a call with the car's controls. Is there any indication RIM knows about these problems with 5.0?

Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

When I posted this back in April 09 it was for the first iteration of the Tour.  I got a new Tour in November and it works perfectly in WRT to this problem.  You might try upgrading to OS 5.0 if you haven't already.

Visitor
knute97

I am having the same problem after upgrading to 5.0.  I have my phone set to go off at 11 pm and come on again at 7 am.  Every morning, my bluetooth is off and has to be reactivated.

Worse yet  is that the radio turns off sporadically since the update.  Seems to also occur when the phone wakes up, but not every time.