Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

TPearl
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth

When I pair my Blackberry Tour to any Bluetooth Device, the person on the receiving end says I sound faint.  I am unable to raise the volume once the call is engaged.  The volume keys on the upper right side of the phone are locked during a call using my bluetooth.

Any suggestions?

In normal phone operation, the phone works great.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GroundLoop
My Device: Tour

Re: Bluetooth

I am able to use the volume keys on the Tour to adjust the Bluetooth earpiece volume during a call.

There is some 'lag' but they do work.

This only raises the volume I hear, and not the remote end.  (It does not amplify the BT microphone)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmenow

Regarding using a Voyager Pro Bluetooth with BB Tour 9630...

I have the Plantronics Voyager Pro BT headset and I experience the same complaint.  The person on the other end says I am far away.  The person I am talking to sounds very bad at any volume, but if you turn up the volume, get ready for Charlie Browns teacher be on the other end.  You can't understand a word.  Funny thing, I paired the very same BT headset with a Palm device, no problems at all, so I know it's not the headset (which is brand new, I exchanged it at the store for a brand new one).  

I have been round and round with BB, my service provider (Sprint) and Plantronics.   Now BB wants to forward me back to my service provider for a warranty replacement.  If they think I'm settling for a refurb, they are very wrong!  

I was informed today that the Motorola Bluetooth devices should work with the BB Tour.   There are three specific models, don't have that available right now, but can post that info later.

BTW 

Good luck. 

cmenow

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JForce81

I have the same issue! If you go on Crackberry.com there are hundreds of posts about it...I brought my car to Nissan thinking it was the car. They changed out the brain in my car but that didn't help.  Thank god I didn;t pay for it.  This seems to be a serious issue that BB needs to address..My only other option is to change out the mic in the car, but i doubt that would work, but what the heck,it's free!
Please use plain text.