Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: Not Specified

Calls dropping frequently and poor coverage

I'm having frequent calls drop with the new Tour - 9630. 

Coverage is very poor and this phone does not compare to the old World Edition - 8830

Is this a problem with Blackberry or Verizon?

Any news firmware updates coming? 

New Contributor

Re: Calls dropping frequently and poor coverage

I just got a Sprint Tour 2 weeks ago and the coverage in my home office stinks--often dropping a call several times in the course of an hour or less.  I am in the best category of coverage area according to the Sprint technical support and I have great coverage on my Sprint wireless modem. Sprint GAVE ME an Airave home signal booster.  The Sprint technician who helped me install the Airave  told me that she had a large number of complaints on the Tour coverage.  She thought it was a device problem.  I am trying to find someone at RIM or Sprint who will listen to my complaints and rectify the situation since otherwise it is the best Blackberry I have ever had.  But the inability to use it as mu primary office phone is a MAJOR PROBLEM.  Has anyone else had bad experience with the Tour?  How does the coverage compare to the older 8830?

I am having the same problem with my tour (verizon) as well.  My previous phone, a curve 8330 had no problems with dropped calls or loss of connection. Starting to think it is a hardware fault with tours..

I am having the same exact problem!!!! I drop calls like unbelievably!! It is literally ridiculous! I cannot even express how dissatisfied I am with the horrible service this phone has. I know this is a hardware issue, and not the service because I had a curve on sprint and it worked PERFECT! I never dropped a call once, now I drop calls every single **bleep** day! I am extremely frustrated. Hopefully the Tour2 will be out soon, and they actually put a useful antenna in it!!!!!!!!!!!! :manmad:

Regular Contributor

Looks like only few of you have the "calls dropping", return the phone. I think your phone is defective. Mine Tour works fine. For your information,  this is my 5th Tour. First one locked up, Second one track ball. I returned the 3rd one right after received it (poor packing), returned again 4th phone (poor packing-no foam or packing material- exessive shock can cause my phone lost signal, call drop like yours, etc..). 5th phone works fine, I am happy. 

If you didn't get what you paid for; To be fair, return and return until you get a good phone.

My Device: Blackberry Tour

I actually have the Tour on the Sprint Network and I'm experiencing dropped calls each day ever since I got this phone a few months ago.  Usually the call gets cut off by a High/Low High Pitch alternating sounds which transfers to the speakerphone.  I called sprint and went to the store. they did a Hard Reset whereby I lost all of my 3rd party installed program and personal settings, but the dropped calls continue!

Sorry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9630

upgrade 9630 OS to 5.0.0484 is improved but not solve all problem of radio call drops.  (already try)..

still wait for more stable OS... this is the issue of RIM

My Device: tour

I have an issue with dropped calls for the last 3 months.  I have replaced the phone twice and done many software upgrades with the same result.  I am told that Blackberry is looking into the issue with the tour to see why it is all of a sudden doing this on the Verizon network.  It is very frustrating trying to make and receive calls as well as get on the internet or have a clear conversation with little or no bars.