Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
malcolmsteele
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Can I upgrade my OS?

I have a Tour 9630 which I have just acquired thru ebay from a US dealer. Its an unused, unlocked Verizon phone with version 4.7.1.40. Rogers is my service provider. Does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't be able to upgrade the software? The Blackberry Desktop says upgrades are available but the US dealer said I should check with Blackberry first before upgrading.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Can I upgrade my OS?

Rogers probably don't have the latest official update for it. Please check the link below to upgrade it.

Official OS v5.0.0.1062 for BlackBerry Tour 9630 released by China Mobile

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmsteele
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Thanks for this. I've successfully installed v4.7.1.61. The Blackberry Desktop Software shows various other v5.0 bundles with the most recent being v5.0.0.975. However it states that "only Blackberry Service Subscribers are entitled to install" What does this mean? Do I have to pay for upgrades?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

That means you have to be on a Blackberry plan to get the update.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.