Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
mlo0213
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Can't Download Apps from Blackberry World

I have Blackberry World on my Tour 9630 and I have data because I'm able to browse the internet and actually search for apps I want. When I go to download anything, I get the agreement  page, scroll to the bottom and agree, but no download is ever in progress after. Upon exited Blackberry World once, it said some changes were made and that the phone needed to be restarted, but upon reboot, none of the apps I attempted to download appeared. I also get the same process when I try to go to My World inside Blackberry World. I get the agreement screen, I agree, and then it just goes back to the home screen. I really don't know what I could be doing wrong. Anyone ever have this kind of issue?

-Mike

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't Download Apps from Blackberry World

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mlo0213

Same thing happens. Right after the agreement, green wheel spins, then brings me back to the screen of the app I'm trying to download. Does not show it actually trying to download.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...then next I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mlo0213

Issue from the opening post is that the same problem happens when I try to go into My World. I get the agreement screen, I accept, and it just goes back to the home page of Blackberry World. I'm not able to enter My World or actually download any app, in a nutshell.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...try instead following solely what the linked KB says to do...my instructions included going first into MyWorld, while the KB states to just launch AW itself, and not explicitly to first go into MyWorld. Maybe the clear cache will work if you use that method instead.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mlo0213

Cache was cleared, but still the same issue. Perhaps this is a hardware problem? Not really sure how it could be, but what else could it really be?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

We're not done...please keep in mind that, at an internet distance, it's impossible to truly diagnose anything at all. Rather, all we can do is a deductive process where we rule out things via various methods. So far, we've ruled out very little.

The next thing I recommend is that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

I know you said earlier that some update was done...but so far, we've no idea what that update was. And, while you've not stated it explicitly, I suspect this used to work fine before...so whatever that update was might be the causal item. But, again, this is a deductive process.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates