Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
rwgray
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Delete all contacts

I would like to delete all the contacts on my Tour before I sync with Outlook. Is there a way to "select all" and then delete.
Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Delete all contacts

Hello rwgray and welcome to the Forums! 

You can clear an individual database on the device but doing the following.

1. Connect your device to your computer
2. Open the Desktop Manger software
3. Click on Backup and Restore
4. Click on Advance
5. Once you click Advance you will see a list of device databases on the right hand side
6. In the list you see “Address Book”
7. Highlight “Address Book” by clicking it once
8. Now with “Address Book” highlighted hit the Clear button

This will clear all the contact from the device.

Cheers!

SR 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
cminias
My Device: Tour 9630

Hi there,

I have a problem with my address book where it has about 10 copies of all of my contacts and I want to delete it all and start fresh.

I tried what you suggested on your post and my Desktop manager has the option for the address book greyed out. 

There is a note under the table telling me that the "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them"

I asked my wireless administrator about it and he told me to clear the outlook address book, and that it will all clear itself out.

I did exactly that, and no change on my BB .......

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
amalatesta
My Device: Blackberry 9630

@cminias...

I am having the same problem with my Blackberry Tour (9630 on Sprint), the BB Desktop Manager (version 1.0.3 Build 19) + Mac OSX 10.6.4.

Everything was fine while syncing w/ Google Sync to my Google Apps account and then it just started creating a mess... i have a bunch of duplicated contacts.

I have backed up all of my contacts from Google Apps in a CSV file and am trying to delete all of the data from my BB without doing a complete device wipe.

I would like to delete all 1,450+ contacts from my BB and then perform a clean sync with my Google Apps (calendar and contacts).

For some reason, the "Clear Data..." option on my Destop Manager does not allow me to choose the Address Book as an option for clearing...

PLEASE HELP!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mapeters
My Device: Not Specified

cminias wrote:

Hi there,

I have a problem with my address book where it has about 10 copies of all of my contacts and I want to delete it all and start fresh.

I tried what you suggested on your post and my Desktop manager has the option for the address book greyed out. 

There is a note under the table telling me that the "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them"

I asked my wireless administrator about it and he told me to clear the outlook address book, and that it will all clear itself out.

I did exactly that, and no change on my BB .......

Any ideas?

In order for it not to be grayed out you must turn off wireless sync.  Open your address book. Press menu button.  Select options. Select the address book. Turn off wireless sync by changing it from yes to no. Now do as above.  Don’t forget to turn it back on if you wish to have wireless sync.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klondike
My Device: 9780 Bold

hi there

this does not seem to work for blackberrry 9700 bold and desktop version 6

help? please

Please use plain text.
HeatherBoyd
My Device: Torch

In the BB desktop software under the Device menu, there's a delete "data selection".  I just used it to clear 300 contacts :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klondike
My Device: 9780 Bold

thank you Heather!...unfortunately i had tried that....and didnt work....i actually called my service provider last nite and they helped me through the whole thing...which included a clean wipe and reset of my blackberry but at least all is good now.....thanks again...cheers!

Please use plain text.
mg1000
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks, this was very helpful. Used it for my BB Torch to get rid of data unwanted on device.

Please use plain text.
dungeonmastershu
My Device: 9810 Torch

[ Edited ]

great, but i use linux...

so how do i delete the db on the device without the desktop manager?

Please use plain text.