Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Deleting gmail contact list

UGH!  I am new to this device and I had Verizon transfer all 300 of my contacts from my old phone to the tour.  When I ran email set up with my gmail account i didn't notice that i checked the contacts box and it deleted all 300 of the contacts I had changed over and left only 20 or so (who i imagine are from my gmail account). 

I deleted the gmail account from my phone, is there a way to delete the gmail list from my contact list?  I go to options and it's the only contact list in my phone and it doesn't give me an option to delete.  I even tried re-adding the gmail account to my phone and unchecking the contact list button--to no avail.  HELP!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various

Re: Deleting gmail contact list

If its tied to your address book do the following:

Open up your address book

hit menu > options

type rset

you will NOT see any blank to type in, it will just give a popup asking if you want to delete the address book.

select yes/OK and there you go.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor

Thank you so much!!!!

New Contributor

Um, now it won't let me save any contacts.