Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.484
Accepted Solution

Did I mess up my security settings?

Good morning:

Last night, I got awake at 2 AM and started playing with the new Tour (too much caffeine last night).  Anyway, somewhere in the middle of messing with Options>Security Setting>Application Permissions, I wound up where the Tour said I had to reboot to save the changes, and I couldn't get out of it - so I let it reboot.

I'm guessing I edited the Default Permissions - but I don't know which one(s).  Is there a way to return the default permissions to my original Sprint factory state?  The Tour is just my personal phone using BIS, but I don't want to allow anything more than necessary.

Thanks folks!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Re: Did I mess up my security settings?

Hi,

It all depends which application you have changed settings for. If you remeber the applications you modified you can go back in and from the menu choose "Apply Defaults". You will have to do this individually for every application you modified. I would not worry about it. If you have not made that many modifications you have nothing to worry about. If there any wrong settings on any applications you will see when you try to use them.

Peace,

BBTechSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I decided to wipe the phone and then just reinstall my contacts and messages from a previous partial backup.  I hope the settings have returned to their defaults.  Now I've got to get my gmail and hotmail icons back on the home screen.  I'm sure I'll find the answer somewhere on this forum!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Hi!

After a wipe, these two steps are critical:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Service Books (to get your email icons back):

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

If things still do not return to normal (for instance, the permissions remain messed up), you can try restoring your BB to true factory fresh condition (for the OS level that it has installed):

That information is written regarding removing an IT Policy from the BB, but will effect restoring to factory fresh -- and, as such, might apply in your situation. Be sure to do the two steps above after this as well.

Good luck and let us know!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 09-15-2009 01:34 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks!  I'm back to normal, and I like that IT policy wipe.  I'll try that next time.