Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
engabing
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9630

EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY!! HELLP ME!!!

I just got this phone and i unlocked. Everything works, EXCEPT OUT GOING CAlls! Its always says "EMERRGENCY CALLS ONLY"

helpp me!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY!! HELLP ME!!!

Hiya!
Emergency calls only is typically a carrier related message. happens on every phone, usually if the service is suspended or out of range of the network. clearly neither would be the case if all other services (including receiving calls) works... I would guess at it being a block or provisioning failure.. I would first recommend calling your carrier.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krmwlsn
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

[ Edited ]

engabing, I just experienced this problem. I have a storm 9530 and I was using it perfectly fine until yesterday when I decided to sell it to my friend. He has the sim card from the same carrier as the one I was on when I gave him the phone. Now he placed in his sim card and turned on the phone and he made his first call. It rang then out of the blue he heard the call failed tones and when he moved the fone from his ears to look on it, it says "Emergency calls only". He tried the call again but this time, without ringing, it says immediately..."Emergency Calls Only". Now, I took the phone, put back my sim card in their and got the same exact thing. When you make a call, as you pressed the green call button, you get "Emergency Calls Only". Now I took a next phone and call my sim's number while it is still in the storm, and it rings. It can receive text also. However, It just wont make any calls. I transfered back my bis service to the storm and it receives emails and send emails, sends sms, receives sms and receives calls, but just wont send out any calls. Te network comes up on the screen and the antenna is / has / shows full signal. Tried a next carriers sim in the phone (storm) and it is the same thing, so it is not a carrier issue. What can I do? Sorry for the long epistle. HELP ME!! I need this sale!!   :mansad: :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
engabing
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9630

Here is what i found out and it has been working for me. It has nothing to do with the carrier's network. It has to do witt the 5.0 OS software. For some reason when its on the gsm network it not make any calls and when its on CDMA it will go through.So when I downgrade the OS to 4.0, it didn't work until I did a diagonstic test under network connection, made sure everything passed, and then in  network connection I open tools then ping myself.. it froze then it restarted. the first thing i did was make a call when it rebooted . then BOOM it started working =) however when my phone died I had to repeat the steps again haha... so make sure it doesnt die on you.

@krmlsn: since it was working from the beginning, check the network connection. make sure it is on GSM/UMTS.... 3G & 2GS before you downgrade the OS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krmwlsn
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Yes...it is on GSM/UMTS and my network provider say for those type phones, I must leave it on 2G. I did it, but the same thing. Had it on 3G & 2 G...same results. I did everythiiiinnggggg. But, the same results. I shall try your method later today. I'll post the results.

Please use plain text.
charliewayne
My Device: torch

I had the same problem after changing phones.  Discovered that my SIM Card was inserted backwards.  Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
westcoast69
My Device: Q10

Had the same issue with an earlier BB and now with my Q10. Pull the battery, returns to normal operation.
Please use plain text.