Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: bberry curve
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Emails won't delete off of my blackberry - they just get marked as high priority instead. Makes a lot of sense.

Hey everyone,

I am going to the tmobile store tomorrow to try to figure this out, but I feel like they won't be able to figure it out either. For me, the issue is that if I do a battery pull, it DOES fix the problem, but I've had to do this four or  five times in the last month.

I wonder if this is just a glitch on the phone, because my last blackberry didn't have this problem, or if it has something to do with settings.

Anyone else figure anything out?

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Emails won't delete off of my blackberry - they just get marked as high priority instead. Makes a lot of sense.

So... has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9105 pearl
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this gmail issue. I have a pearl 9105 3G. Gmail contacts, calender everything is fine. except emails. They dont delete when i delete from my computer in my blackberry. Its annoying.. I tried the reconciliation method. not working. help me.. OS is 6

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Voda

Hi

I had this issue on my GMail/Googlemail account. It was soo annoying eventually i switched phone off. removed battery and restarted. Thank fully it has gone back to normal

Highlighted
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

I just discovered that in the messages folder if you click on options then click on Folder Management you'll come to a screen that gives you the choice how you want to delete whether from handled, mailbox or both. In my case i chose handheld because i did want to keep the email in my mailbox folder. You'll also notice there's an additional choice that says if there's a conflict then mailbox or whichever you choose wine. Anyway I clicked on the blackberry icon on the phone where you get more options - located the one that says Purge Deleted Items and voila! they are gone! I had been trying to get rid of some I thought were deletd emails for the longest. I just changed my setting back to the orginial choice I had after i was done getting rid of those pesky few.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I've had this happen several times to me and have found a few things to check.

Was the email a part of a thread?  If so ensure the entire thread was deleted.  If for some reason the email went into your gmail archieve instead of the trash your blackberry may still see it as an active email.

Go into the mail folders on your blackberry, something these stuck emails can be freed from there.

Finally, if none of the above didn't work go into your service books and delete the service book for that email account.  Verify that the stuck email is gone, if it is then go back into service books and undelete the email service book.  You should have all of your other emails there minus that stuck one.