Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
aliebowitz
My Device: Blackberry TOUR 9630 (Verizon)
Accepted Solution

Explanation of ALL icons/indicators on BlackBerry Tour 9630?

I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630 which I use with Verizon.  For the most part I understand all of the icons and indicators I have seen, but there are now two that I cannot find any explanation for what they mean, nor how to turn them on/off.  Is there a website or a place to get a list of ALL of them?  I have the "tips, hints and shortcuts" booklet, but that doesn't have the 2 I'm talking about.

1.  On the top of the screen, near the email indicator, there is now a yellow ball that looks like the earth-type symbol for internet.  There is a number 1 next to it.  This indicator appeared when I was trying to navigate to a web page but was out of service, and selected "ok" when  asked if I wanted to "save my request".  So I'm guessing that means I have 1 saved request, but how do I do anything about that?  I can't find where to delete the request, or do anything to make that symbol go away.

2.  One time while talking on the phone, I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder (both hands were busy).  I must have accidentally pushed a button because I heard some type of sound indicating something.  Ever since then, on the "call screen" that comes up when I am making or on a call, there is a new icon.  It is just to the left of the speaker icon.  It is a rectangle with five small diamonds going across diagonally from the upper left to the lower right.  What does this mean, how did it get there, and how/should I get rid of it?

THANKS!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Explanation of ALL icons/indicators on BlackBerry Tour 9630?

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

aliebowitz wrote:

I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630 which I use with Verizon.  For the most part I understand all of the icons and indicators I have seen, but there are now two that I cannot find any explanation for what they mean, nor how to turn them on/off.  Is there a website or a place to get a list of ALL of them?  I have the "tips, hints and shortcuts" booklet, but that doesn't have the 2 I'm talking about.

1.  On the top of the screen, near the email indicator, there is now a yellow ball that looks like the earth-type symbol for internet.  There is a number 1 next to it.  This indicator appeared when I was trying to navigate to a web page but was out of service, and selected "ok" when  asked if I wanted to "save my request".  So I'm guessing that means I have 1 saved request, but how do I do anything about that?  I can't find where to delete the request, or do anything to make that symbol go away.

It is a WAP Browser icon. It's also an unopened message.

Here is the best way to search

From the main message queue do a search:
service=ALL SERVICES
folder: ALL FOLDERS
show: ONLY UNREAD
type=ALL

Thanks,

2.  One time while talking on the phone, I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder (both hands were busy).  I must have accidentally pushed a button because I heard some type of sound indicating something.  Ever since then, on the "call screen" that comes up when I am making or on a call, there is a new icon.  It is just to the left of the speaker icon.  It is a rectangle with five small diamonds going across diagonally from the upper left to the lower right.  What does this mean, how did it get there, and how/should I get rid of it?

That Diamonds in Blue (I see stairs!) is the enhanced call audio indicator.

KB15902 Enhance Call Audio indicator 

Let us know if you need more info!

Thanks,

Bifocals

THANKS!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-09-2009 09:43 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aliebowitz
My Device: Blackberry TOUR 9630 (Verizon)

THANKS SO MUCH!

This did indeed help for the most part, in that your answer helped me find what I was looking for.

For my 1st question, I ran the search as you suggested but still could not find the unopened message.  However, after learning it was an unopened message, I just went through ALL of my messages (by scrolling, not by searching), and was able to find the one with the WAP icon.  For some reason, this did not come up in my search.  After I clicked on the message, my "saved request" was performed, and the indicator went away.

For the 2nd question, you are right that it is the enhanced audio indicator (although my diamonds are not in blue, it is all gray/white).  I still was not sure how to use it or how it got there, but by following the link you provided, and then other links as well, I found my answer.  Also, I think I turned it on in the first place by accidentally pressing the "L" button during my call (when I was pressing the phone between my shoulder and ear).  These answer came mostly from these links:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15902

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14258&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks again for your help.

I am still wondering if there is a website or pdf file or something that lists ALL POSSIBLE ICONS AND INDICATORS AND SYMBOLS for the Tour 9630.  That way, if another symbol comes up that I don't understand, I can refer back to the same place.  Does that exist?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BurtSherry
My Device: Torch 9810

I hate to hijack someone else's thread, but I am looking for an explination of a icon on my Tour 9630/Sprint.

It looks like the targeting reticle from a shooting game, with 3 ))) after it going to the right. The ))) start small and get bigger.

Sometimes it is on the main display, other times its not there.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

aliebowitz wrote:

THANKS SO MUCH!

Thanks again for your help.

I am still wondering if there is a website or pdf file or something that lists ALL POSSIBLE ICONS AND INDICATORS AND SYMBOLS for the Tour 9630.  That way, if another symbol comes up that I don't understand, I can refer back to the same place.  Does that exist?

Well it does, but if we gave it out we wouldn't have any questions to work on! :smileywink:

There are some in the Getting started Guide, and some in the Users manual.

I haven't seen one collection though (outside of my own)!

The best way to find out about them is the grey search box, upper left. Just type in Yellow circle indicator for instance.

My personal favorite is the hunch back little blue man and the bulls eye. (Facebook and the GPS indicator, respectively.

I'm glad you have it fixed.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi Burt and welcome to the forums!

That would be the GPS indicator. The three ))) means it's active.

I keep it disabled unless I know I'm traveling, saves memory and battery life.

Go to options, advanced options, GPS.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BurtSherry
My Device: Torch 9810

Oh to cool, thanks a million Bifocals!

The wife has this on here Moto also, and neither of us knew what it was.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Good Deal Burt!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GroundLoop
My Device: Tour

Here's one I see in the web browser frequently..

it's a Box with two grene squares..

[ ]------

|      |

|---- [ ]

No idea what to make of that.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

The green is the browser connectivity info the lock are the security settings.

I can click on them to bring up the screen.

If you want to hide them while using the browser the shortcut key is u to show and hide.

Thanks,

Bifocals

browser connect screen.PNG

Please use plain text.